The transmission works with the engine to provide power to your car’s wheels. Whether automatic or manual, the transmisson plays a major role in the overall dependability of your car.
Of all the potential problems you can have with a car, transmission failure is one of the most expensive and troublesome. This is because the transmission itself is a complicated, yet vital part of a vehicle. Because of it’s importance, you shouldn’t trust just any auto repair shop to work on your transmission. You need a mechanic that is trained to work on transmissions and a lot of general auto repair shop mechanics simply do not have the experience to correctly handle transmission problems. It’s also important to seek professional help as soon as you suspect a problem with your transmission. The longer you ignore a transmission problem, the worse it becomes and the more expensive it will be to get fixed.
- Burning Smell – This is often caused by low transmission fluid that may indicate a leak or dirty fluid that needs to be changed.
- Leaking Fluid – If you notice fluid on your driveway or see that your fluid levels in your car are low, they should be refilled and monitored to ensure your car does not overheat.
- Check Engine Light – While this can come on for a variety of reasons, it can be an early indication that something isn’t right with your transmission and should always be checked out by a professional.
- Gear Shaking – For automatic transmissions, if your vehicle isn’t smoothly shifting gears or you feel a shaking when the shift happens, this is a clear indication you want to get your transmission check out immediately to assess the problem.
Whether you are already experiencing some possible transmission problems, or you would like to be pro-active in preventing transmission problems that will eventually leave you stranded on the side of the road, visit ANA MOTORS and our trained technicians will gladly help you.
ANA MOTORS Transmission Service includes :
- Road test for engine performance and transmission shift patterns.
- Inspect condition of transmission fluid.
- Inspect transmission mounts and linkage.
- Inspect transmission and transmission cooler for leaks.
- Remove transmission pan, replace filter and pan gasket, and clean transmission pan.
- Adjust bands and throttle linkage, as required.
- Replace transmission cooler, as required.
- Top off transmission fluid.