Car brakes are one of the most important safety features on your vehicle. Every day, you press the brake pedal hundreds of times to stop a car that weighs as much as 2 tons. With every press of the brake pedal, you engage a complex system that sends your instinctive movement from the pedal to the brakes located at each wheel. Maintaining your brakes requires good knowledge of the entire braking system on your vehicle. In many cases, warning signs will tell you if your car’s brakes may need service.
Warning signs include:
- Squealing or grinding noises when using brakes. This could mean your brakes need to be adjusted or that your brake pads are worn and need replacement.
- Your dashboard’s Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) light turns on. This indicates that your brake fluid is low. You may have a leak in your brake line. Get it inspected.
- While braking, your car pulls to one side. This means that your brakes need adjustment, there is brake fluid leakage, or your brakes are worn out and need replacement.
- Your brakes are hard to press down or feel “spongy.” Usually this means air has gotten into your brake lines or you may have low brake fluid.
- When applying your brakes, your steering wheel, brake pedal, or entire vehicle begins to shake. If this happens, your brake rotors could be warped and need replacement.
Bring your car to ANA MOTORS and our specialists will check the following
- Disc brake rotors and pads
- Calipers and hardware
- Brake drums and shoes
- Wheel cylinders
- Return springs
- Master cylinder
- Brake fluid and hoses
- Power booster